Price Pledge ensures we won't be beaten on price! We actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
Claim up to £800 on selected Interchangeable Lens Cameras, Compact Cameras, Camcorders, Lenses and Accessories Valid until 21st Jan 2018
1. The promoter of Cashback with Sony (the “Promotion”) is Sony Europe Limited (“Sony”) based at The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0XW.
2. Please do not send claim forms to this address as they will not be forwarded to the Agency collecting the claims. Please only use the website to enter claims.
3. The Promotion only applies to products which have been supplied and distributed by Sony within the UK and Republic of Ireland.
4. Please take time to review these terms and conditions carefully and ensure that you comply with their provisions in order to avoid disappointment.
5. if you have purchased any of the following products (the “Products”) from an authorised Sony dealer located in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man between 18th October 2017 and 21st January 2018 (inclusive) then you will be entitled to apply for the following Cashback and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall apply.
Cashback Value (UK)
Interchangeable Lens Cameras
6. Regardless of the type of product(s) that you are claiming for, please complete your claim online at the following URL www.sony.co.uk/wintercashback (or www.sony.ie/wintercashback for Republic of Ireland). You will need to create a MySony account and include electronically the serial number of the product, a photo of the serial number on the product itself, and a copy of your original printed sales receipt to claim your Cashback.
All claim forms submitted in respect of the Cashback Promotion should be received by midnight on 21st February 2018. No claims will be accepted after this date.
7. All Sony products are subject to availability.
8. It is necessary to have access to the internet with sufficient broadband speed and download capability in order to complete the claim form. Please note that there may be additional fees imposed by a participant’s internet service provider depending on their terms and conditions of internet use.
9. The Cashback is only available on Sony qualifying products which have been supplied and distributed by Sony to its authorised dealers within the UK, Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man (as appropriate). We recommend that you check with your retailer before purchase to ensure that your purchase qualifies under these Terms and Conditions. You can also check on the Sony Cashback website specified in clause 6 for details of Sony’s authorised dealers. Sony is not responsible for a retailer’s misleading statements in this respect and the final decision as to whether a retailer is authorised rests with Sony. For the avoidance of doubt, Sony will not accept claims against products purchased from eBay or from third party sellers on Amazon.co.uk's Marketplace platform (whether listed as new or used).
10. A claim for Cashback cannot be validly made in respect of a product where a customer returns it to the retailer and receives a full refund.
11. Only claim forms with valid serial number filled in, a photo of the serial number on the product and a copy of original printed sales receipt/sales invoice clearly showing the name of the retailer, the product name and date of purchase will be accepted. Online order confirmations are not acceptable. Handwritten receipts will not be accepted. In the event of an incomplete claim, the participant will be informed via email and he/she will be given a deadline of 10 (ten) calendar days in which to resolve any issues and to send the correct and valid document that meets these requirements.
12. This Promotion is a consumer promotion and is only available to the original consumer that purchased the product. Claims from companies, organisations and institutions and claims from resellers are excluded from this offer.
13. As this is a consumer promotion, a maximum of 3 claims can be made by one consumer (and only one claim per product).
14. Please allow 28 days for receipt of your Cashback once all criteria has been fulfilled; where we are unable to meet this deadline then we will do so as quickly as possible thereafter.
15. The Cashback will be provided in the form of a direct bank transfer to accounts which are operated by a financial institution located in the UK, Republic of Ireland or Isle of Man. This is on assumption that correct electronic bank details are supplied. Alternative cashback fulfilment is not possible. Note that successful claimants will have their Cashback provided by direct bank transfer provided correct bank details have been included and receipt is valid and readable. Claimants from the United Kingdom will have their Cashback paid in sterling whereas claimants from the Republic of Ireland will have their Cashback paid in Euros.
16. We reserve the right to withhold and / or refuse payment of the Cashback where we suspect that any false or fraudulent claim is being made or where a claim has been made which does not comply with these terms.
17. We reserve the right to withdraw the Promotion at any time without notice. All Cashback offers are subject to availability. Sony reserves the right to substitute any of the offers for products or services of equivalent status and value as necessary.
18. The Promotion is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
19. There is no credit, cash or product alternative to the payment of a Cashback.
20. This Promotion is subject to English law and all parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
21. All instructions given within the claim form are part of these Terms and Conditions.
Price Pledge ensures we won't be beaten on price! We actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly. We pledge to match the price on most products offered by UK based dealers that are selling officially imported or manufactured UK stock, with full manufacturer warranty and is authorised to do so by the relevant manufacturer.
Please fill out the form below with the details of where you have found the cheaper item.
Prior to the point of sale CVP will eneavour to match the price on most products subject (but not limited) to the following criteria:
For further details please call us on 02083807400.
Please enter your email address below to be notified when this product comes into stock
The prices and shipping options are an estimate based on the purchase of a single item with nothing else in your basket. The prices and options below do not include shipping regulations and duties which will be checked in the checkout process.
At CVP we always strive to get your order to you as quickly as possible, but in the interest of clarity please note that next day is defined as the next working day (ie: excluding weekends, UK bank holidays and public holidays).
Orders placed and security cleared* before 14:00GMT where all items are in stock will normally** be dispatched on the same business day for ultimate delivery according to the shipping method selected.
Where an item is not physically in stock, the actual delivery time will be extended by the lead time for the product in question. Shipping to the Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and some remote UK postcodes are not next day but 2 working days.
All transactions are subject to CVP security checks which are for our mutual protection against identity theft and fraud. In the event that additional checks are required you will be informed and dispatch time will be extended by the time taken to resolve any queries raised. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
*Due to unforseen circumstances, on some occasions same day dispatch may not be possible. In this event we will always do our utmost to keep you fully informed of any delay imposed.
Breathtaking image quality meets unrivaled shooting freedom in the α7 II, the world’s first1 full-frame camera with 5-axis image stabilisation. Discover full-frame, palm-sized perfection and stability for all.
The camera offers outstanding image quality in a compact size and light build, and it carries on the traditions of the α7 series, which includes the world’s smallest and lightest interchangeable-lens full-frame camera (α7R). A 24.3 effective megapixel 35 mm full-frame Exmor® CMOS sensor moves along five axes to compensate for camera shake, providing optical image stabilisation equivalent to up to 4.5 steps faster shutter speed of correction for still images. Shooting sharp handheld stills and video is now possible under conditions that may have required a tripod in the past. In this and other scenarios, users can enjoy beautifully rendered images from the full-frame sensor with the convenience of image stabilisation. In-camera image stabilisation also offers sharper images for those using A-mount lenses on an optional lens adapter.
|Lens Compatibility||Sony E-mount lenses|
|Sensor Type||35 mm|
|Sensor Type||35 mm full frame (35.8 x 23.9mm) Exmor™ CMOS sensor|
|Number of Pixels (Effective)||24.3MP|
|Number of Pixels (Total)||24.7MP|
|Image Sensor Aspect Ratio||3:2|
|Recording (Still Images):|
|Image Size (Pixels), 3:2||35mm full frame L: 6000 x 4000 (24M), M: 3936 x 2624 (10M),|
|S: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M)|
|APS-C L: 3936 x 2624 (10M), M: 3008 x 2000 (6.0M), S: 1968 x 1312 (2.6M)|
|Image Size (Pixels), 16.9||35mm full frame L: 6000 x 3376 (20M), M: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M),|
|S: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M)|
|APS-C L: 3936 x 2216 (8.7M), M: 3008 x 1688 (5.1M), S: 1968 x 1112 (2.2M)|
|Image Size (Pixels), Sweep Panorama||Standard: horizontal 8,192 x 1,856 (15M),|
|vertical 3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)|
|Wide: horizontal 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), vertical 5,536 x 2,160 (12M)|
|Image Quality Modes||RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG Extra fine, JPEG Fine, JPEG Standard|
|RAW Output||14 bit|
|Picture Effect||High Contrast Monochrome|
|Partial colour (R/G/B/Y)|
|Creative Style||Autumn Leaves|
|Black & White|
|Dynamic Range Functions||Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference,|
|Exposure Difference Level (1-6 EV, 1.0 EV step))|
|Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level (1-5))|
|Recording Format||AVCHD 2.0 / MP4 / XAVC S (up to 1920 x 1080/60p 50Mbps)|
|Video Compression||AVCHD: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|MP4: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264|
|Audio Recording Format||AVCHD / MP4 / XAVC S|
|Movie Functions||Audio Level Display, Audio Rec Level, Auto Slow Shutter, HDMI info.|
|Display (On/Off selectable), Time Code/User Bit, Dual Video Rec,|
|Auto Slow Shutter, Record Control|
|Compatible Recording Media||Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,|
|Memory Stick XC-HG Duo, SD memory card, SDHC memory card (UHS-I compliant),|
|SDXC memory card (UHS-I compliant)|
|Noise Reduction||High ISO NR|
|Multi Frame NR||Auto/ISO 100 to 51200|
|White Balance Modes||Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent,|
|Fluorescent (Warm White / Cool White / Day White / Daylight),|
|Flash, Color Temperature (2500 to 9900K) & Color Filter|
|(G7 to M7: 15 steps, A7 to B7: 15 steps), Custom, Underwater|
|AWB Micro Adjustment||G7 to M7 (15 steps), A7 to B7 (15 steps)|
|Bracketing||3 frames, H/L selectable|
|Focus Type||Fast Hybrid AF(phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)|
|Focus Sensor||"Exmor" CMOS sensor|
|Focus Point||35mm full frame: 117 points (phase-detection AF)|
|APS-C: 99 points (phase-detection AF) / 25 points (conotrast-detection AF)|
|Focus Sensitivity Range||EV-1 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)|
|AF Mode||Single-shot AF (AF-S), Continuous AF (AF-C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus|
|Flexible Spot (S/M/L)|
|Lock-on AF ( Wide / Zone / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L))|
|Wide (117 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points(contrast-detection AF)|
|AF Illuminator||Yes (with Built-in LED type)|
|AF Illuminator||Approx. 0.3m - Approx. 3.0m (with FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached)|
|Metering Type||1200-zone evaluative metering|
|Metering Sensor||"Exmor" CMOS sensor|
|Metering Sensitivity||EV -1 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)|
|Metering Mode||Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P),|
|Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M),|
|Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie|
|Auto (AE) Bracketing||Cont./Bracket: Single, With 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV,|
|2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames selectable|
|AE Lock||Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway.|
|Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)|
|ISO Sensitivity||ISO 50–25600|
|Viewfinder Type||0.5"-type electronic viewfinder (color)|
|Number of Dots||2 359 296 dots|
|Brightness Control (Viewfinder)||Auto / Manual ( 5 steps between -2 and +2)|
|Magnification||Approx. 0.71 x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m)|
|Dioptre Adjustment||-4.0 to +3.0m|
|Eye Point||Approx. 27mm from the eyepiece lens, 22mm from the eyepiece|
|frame at -1mstyle name="sup"-1/style(CIPA standard)|
|Screen Type||3.0" type TFT LCD|
|Total Number of Dots||1,228,800 dots|
|Brightness Control (LCD)||Manual ( 5 steps between -2 and +2 ), Sunny Weather mode|
|Focus Magnifier||35mm full frame: 5.9x, 11.7x, APS-C: 3.8x, 7.7x|
|Peaking MF||Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, colour: White/Red/Yellow)|
|Face Detection||On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off|
|Clear Image Zoom||Still / Movie: Approx. 2x|
|Digital Zoom (Still Image)||35mm full frame: up to 8x APS-C: up to 8x|
|Digital Zoom (Movie)||35mm full frame: Approx 4x. APS-C: Approx 4x.|
|Lens Compensation||Peripheral shading, chromatic aberration, distortion|
|Shutter Speed||Movies: 1/8000 to 1/4 (1/3 step), Up to 1/60 in AUTO mode|
|(up to 1/30 in Auto Slow Shutter mode) Still images: 1/8000 to 30 sec., Bulb|
|Compensation Effect||4.5 steps (based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only.|
|With Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens mounted. Long exposure NR off.)|
|Flash Control (With optional external flash)||Pre-flash TTL|
|Flash Compensation||+/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)|
|Red-eye reduction (on/off selectable)|
|External Flash Compatibility||Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe,|
|attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe|
|FE Lever Lock||Yes|
|Drive Modes||3/5 exposures selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)|
|Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Self-timer (10/2 sec. delay selectable),|
|Self-timer (Cont.) (10 sec. delay|
|Continues Shooting||5 fps (in High Continuous Shooting)|
|Playback Modes||9/25-frame index view|
|Auto Review (10/5/2 sec,Off)|
|Enlarged display mode (L: 18.8x, M: 12.3x, S: 9.4x, Panorama|
|(Standard): 25.6x, Panorama (Wide): 38.8x)|
|Folder selection (Date/ Still/ MP4/ AVCHD/XAVC S)|
|Image orientation (Auto/Manual/Off selectable)|
|Single (with or without shooting information Y RGB histogram & highlight/shadow warning)|
|PC Interface||Mass-storage, MTP, PC remote|
|HD Output||HDMI micro connector (Type-D), BRAVIA Sync (link menu),|
|PhotoTV HD, 4K still image playback|
|Multi Interface Shoe||Yes|
|Others||Microphone terminal (3.5mm Stereo minijack), Headphone terminal|
|(3.5mm Stereo minijack), Vertical Grip Connector|
|Multi Interface Shoe||Headphone minijack|
|Multi/Micro USB Terminal|
|Multi Interface Shoe|
|Vertical Grip Connector|
|Microphone||Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K1M (sold separately)|
|Compatible Standards||Exif Print, Print Image Matching III, DPOF setting|
|Custom Function Type||Custom key settings|
|Supplied Battery||NP-FW50 W-series Rechargeable Battery Pack|
|Battery Life (Still Images)||Up to 350 shots|
|Battery Life (Movies)||Actual: Approx. 60 min. with viewfinder, approx. 65 min.|
|with LCD screen (CIPA standard)|
|Continuous: Approx. 100 min. with viewfinder, approx. 100 min.|
|with LCD screen (CIPA standard)|
|External Power||AC Adaptor AC-PW20 (optional)|
|Size & Weight:|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||126.9 x 95.7 x 59.7 mm|
|Weight||556 g (Body Only) / 599 g (With battery and media)|
|Wi-Fi & NFC:|
|Wireless & Network Capabilities||Downloadable Camera Apps|
|NFC One-touch functionality|
5-axis image stabilisation
The α7 II dramatically expands your range of expression by compensating for five types of camera shake during handheld shooting of still images and movies. The highly effective 4.5-step2 compensation lets you confidently zoom in faraway subjects, snap detailed close-ups, capture night scenes and more — all with minimal camera shake blur.
Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses
New 5-axis image stabilisation lets you enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite mountable lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7 II contributes to broad lens compatibility.
Automatic optimization for every α lens
Confidently use your favorite E-mount and A-mount lenses, knowing the α7 II will analyze information from the lens to optimize depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilisation for the particular lens you mount. When using E-mount lenses with optical stabilisation (OSS), the α7 II combines the best of in-lens and in-camera image stabilisation.
Focal plane phase-detection AF with A-mount lenses
The α7 II offers focal plane phase-detection AF even when an A-mountlens is mounted5 via LAEA3(LA-EA16) mount adaptor. So you can take advantage of the wide AFcoverage , high-speed response, high tracking capability and high optical performance of Amount lenses.
High-performance Fast Hybrid AF
The newly enhanced Fast Hybrid AF system delivers extremely high-speed response, highly accurate prediction and wide area coverage for autofocusing and tracking you can always depend on. It’s remarkably fast for a full-frame camera AF system (30% faster than the α7) and accurately predicts subject movement so you can steadfastly track your subject.
35mm full-frame 24.3-megapixel7 Exmor™ CMOS sensor
The image sensor delivers beautiful images from corner to corner and stunning 24.3-megapixel resolution. You’ll enjoy low noise, an extremely wide dynamic range, and amazingly rich and subtle gradations. Moreover, innovations that could only be achieved by Sony reproduce details more faithfully so that every scene looks incredibly real.
Supports 14-bit uncompressed RAW format
New compatibility with 14-bit uncompressed RAW format lets you choose the optimal format for your needs. The camera thereby ensures supreme quality of tonal gradation to maximise the benefit of the image sensor's wide dynamic range.
BIONZ X™ image processing engine
BIONZ X faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye, via extra high-speed processing capabilities. Together with front-end Large Scale Integration that accelerates processing, it enables more natural details, more realistic images, richer tonal gradations and lower noise when shooting still images and movies.
Robust magnesium alloy body
The remarkably compact and lightweight body is solidly built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field. It’s the ideal blend of light weight, solid reliability and steady handling, thanks to a top cover, front cover and internal structure constructed of rigid magnesium alloy.
Robust lens mount
The strength and rigidity of the body and lens mount have been enhanced to provide an especially solid foundation for mounting large, heavy lenses such as super telephoto lenses and those preferred for movie shooting.
Enhanced grip and shutter button
The grip is refined in shape and height to support a more secure grasp of the camera even when a large lens is mounted. This also contributes to more confident operation of the shutter button and dials. Moreover, the shutter button has been reshaped and shifted forward to enable more natural shooting with less camera shake.
Full-frame expression without the bulk
The α7 II packs powerful moviemaking capabilities in extremely compact dimensions. You can create movies of breathtaking visual and sound quality with exquisite background blur, remarkably clear details, and the sensitivity to bring dark scenes to vibrant life. Features like Picture Profile and P/A/S/M modes further expand your creative options.
High-contrast, high-resolution XGA OLED Tru-Finder™
The viewfinder offers impressive visibility that contributes to stress-free, intuitive operation. You can accurately monitor what will appear in your final images because it faithfully displays the effects of your various camera settings. Moreover, an advanced 3-lens optical system ensures rich tonal gradation and extremely high contrast.
Stable viewfinder image
Monitor the stabilising effects of camera shake compensation in the viewfinder or LCD screen while shooting still images by pressing the shutter button halfway or magnifying the image, and while shooting movies by entering movie mode. Even when using a telephoto or macro lens, you can fine-tune framing and focusing with stress-free stability.
Lock-on AF tracking
It’s easy to keep moving subjects in focus with enhanced Lock-on AF, which analyzes even more information from the scene to ensure usage of the optimal AF point for smooth, stable autofocusing. Its ability to detect and track moving subjects has now been significantly improved, thanks to Sony’s advanced proprietary image analysis technology.
Detail reproduction technology and diffraction-reducing technology
Detail reproduction technology depicts details more faithfully with a more natural sense of dimension, while diffraction-reducing technology suppresses the effects of diffraction to faithfully reproduce fine details even when shooting at small aperture settings.
Area-specific noise reduction
Area-specific noise reduction selectively divides the image into areas based on patterns (such as edges, textures and flat areas like blue skies), then applies the most appropriate noise reduction for each area to markedly reduce noise and achieve a new level of clarity.
Fine-tune the look of movies before shooting by adjusting gradation, colour adjustment and detail. Adjusted parameters can be saved with other settings as a profile, and up to 7 profiles can be stored for later recall.
S-Log2 gamma setting
This proprietary Sony gamma setting, featured in professional camcorders, creates a 1,300% wider dynamic range for smooth expression of gradation with reduced whiteout and blackout. Through colour grading in post-production, you can make the most of the low-noise image and super-rich detail to achieve various types of image expression.
Time code / User bit
This function provides a “Record Run” setting that only advances the time code while recording, a “Free Run” setting that advances the time code whether recording or not, a drop frame method and a non-drop frame method. The α7 II can also output an embedded time code when the clean HDMI output setting is in use.
Clean HDMI output
An HDMI terminal makes it easy to transfer Full HD movie signals in real-time to an external monitor for accurate, large-screen viewing and listening. This feature supports uncompressed movie recording on external recording equipment and lets you output uncompressed movies with the shooting info display function off.
Meticulously crafted controls
Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment of parameters while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. The front and rear dials have been thoroughly refined and positioned with overall handling in mind to enable easier, more efficient turning. It’s a level of refinement that even surpasses that of other α7 series models.
Easy button customization
Button customization empowers you to shoot just the way you like, with frequently used functions assigned to the customizable buttons of your choice. You can easily assign any of 56 functions8 to any of 10 buttons9 to enjoy speedier, more intuitive operation and maximum convenience.
Convenient tiltable LCD screen
The LCD screen tilts upward approx. 107 degrees and downward approx. 41 degrees to accommodate wide-ranging shooting angles. This flexibility combines with compact mobility to greatly expand your shooting options. Viewing is also clear under direct sunlight thanks to WhiteMagic™ technology that nearly doubles the brightness of the display
Anti-dust system and coating
To keep your photos blemish free, a special anti-static coating on the surface of the optical filter suppresses the attachment of both dry and moist dust particles when changing lenses. An anti-dust mechanism also vibrates at high speed when you select Cleaning Mode to remove any particles adhering to the filter.
Multi Frame NR (Noise Reduction)
This mode composites four shots to significantly suppress noise and raise sensitivity, letting you clearly capture dark scenes without a tripod or flash. Camera shake blur is also lowered while contrast and detail are raised.
Pro-quality XAVC S format
For extremely high image quality and minimal noise, record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which was developed based on the professional XAVC 4K/HD format. It enables Full HD (1920 x 1080) image recording at 50Mbps (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p)12 and employs linear PCM sound for high-quality sound recording.