The prices shown are an estimate based on the purchase of a single item with nothing else in your basket. The prices and options do not include shipping regulations and duties which will be checked in the checkout process.
At CVP we always strive to get your order to you as quickly as possible, but in the interest of clarity please note that next day is defined as the next working day (ie: excluding weekends, UK bank holidays and public holidays).
Orders placed and security cleared before 14:00GMT where all items are in stock will normally be dispatched on the same business day for ultimate delivery according to the shipping method selected.
Where an item is not physically in stock, the actual delivery time will be extended by the lead time for the product in question. Shipping to the Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and some remote UK postcodes are not next day but 2 working days.
All transactions are subject to CVP security checks which are for our mutual protection against identity theft and fraud. In the event that additional checks are required you will be informed and dispatch time will be extended by the time taken to resolve any queries raised. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
*Due to unforseen circumstances, on some occasions same day dispatch may not be possible. In this event we will always do our utmost to keep you fully informed of any delay imposed.
At about the same size and weight as a standard 7” on-camera focus monitor, Cinedeck Extreme is the world’s first truly portable and upgradeable cinema-grade camera-mountable monitoring, recording, and playback system.
It is an extremely capable, upgradeable, highly rugged, portable, direct-to-disk, cinema-grade HD/2K video recorder designed and built by cinematographers for cinematographers.
It is compatible with HDMI/HD-SDI/LAN cameras and records “Visually Perfect” CineForm™ Digital Intermediate files in MOV format via HDMI and single/dual link HD-SDI.
It has a built-in 7” high-res preview/focus/playback monitor and physical button interface for all commonly used functions. Record settings and playback transport are accessed via touch screen interface.
At 5x8x3”, and weighing less than 4 pounds, Cinedeck EXTREME is about the same volume as a standard 7” on-camera focus monitor - and smaller and lighter than many.
With battery power via the built-in battery mount, (available Anton Bauer or V-Mount) or nearly any 12-28V DC power source you are free to take it wherever you can take a camera.
The solid state recording media means it is ideal for any environment, even the most demanding, including helicopters and off-road vehicles, and handheld/steadicam systems.
CineForm is simply the highest quality compression codec available for digital cinema, and recording with it is the ideal starting point for any 10 or 12 bit 2D or 3D workflow.
Wide ambient temperature stability and temperature controlled cooling means you can record in extreme temperatures.
Currently Cinedeck EXTREME supports cameras that output via HD-SDI and HDMI or LAN, including, but not limited to, the following tested cameras;
Cinedeck EXTREME supports most common SD and HD formats:
HD Format Support
720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080PsF30, 1080p30, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94, 1080p59.94, 1080i60, and 1080p60.
SD Format Support
625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC, 525/23.98 NTSC and 480p.
(plus realtime up/down conversion with hardware de-interlacing and 3:2 pulldown removal, and 23.98-->59i on playout options)
IT SETS YOU FREE to capture your vision unfettered by the physical constraints of traditional high-quality recording gear or the quality limitations of existing portable recording solutions.
Monitor video realtime, both on and offboard while using the onscreen edge focus, clipping, waveform, scopes and histogram to seize perfect control of your recording. Monitor audio via onboard headphone jack while toggling between audio inputs or listen to a mix of all inputs while simultaneously viewing the on-screen recording level display.
Cinedeck EXTREME captures edit-ready 10 bit 4:2:2 or 12 bit 4:4:4 CineForm Digital Intermediates in MOV format via HD-SDI or HDMI. Records to standard removable laptop SSD for maximum compatibility/reliability and cost-effectiveness.
Play back your shots instantly via full-featured vtr-style transport controls onscreen.
Edit your metadata directly with onscreen keyboard.
- It levels the playing field... It gives anyone with a HDMI/HD-SDI/LAN-capable camera access to onboard cinema-grade recording in the field or on set, at a price that nearly anyone can afford.
- Its actually portable.... It?s a focus monitor, recording deck and preview/playback monitor in one ultra-compact, lightweight package. You can take it literally anywhere you can take a camera.
- It extends the life of legacy cameras.... It enables many legacy cameras with high quality sensors to bypass their lesser quality on board tape or media recorders (DV, HDV, DVCPRO-HD), effectively extending the life of a wide array of camera equipment.
- Its upgradeable... It ensures the system is always up-to-date; adding new levels of flexibility, extensibility and providing future-proofing investment protection.
- Its massively compatible... Cinedeck EXTREME uses standard removable 2.5" laptop form factor SSD recording media. The captured files are ready for editing immediately in Apple Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer v5.0, and Adobe Premiere Pro. Time consuming ingest and transcoding has been eliminated.
- Its designed with travelling light in mind... Cinedeck EXTREME weighs less than 4 pounds.