> Sound Devices 664
Sound Devices 664 Six Channel Portable Production Mixer with Integrated Recorder
Price Match Pledge
We pledge to match the price on most products offered by a UK based dealer that are selling officially imported or manufactured UK stock with full manufacturer warranty and is authorised to do so by the relevant manufacturer
Please fill out the form below with the details of where you have found the cheaper item.
CVP additional terms and conditions for price match.
Prior to the point of sale CVP will eneavour to match the price on most products subject (but not limited) to the following criteria:
- The competitor must be UK based and an officially appointed dealer for the manufacturer of the goods in question
- The competitor must have the goods in stock and available for purchase
- The competitor's price can be verified in writing
- The goods and level of after sales support on offer must be identical (model number must be identical with identical warranty)
- We do not price-match eBay or Amazon sellers.
For further details please call us on 01527 854222.
Full Terms and Conditons can be found in our Terms of Service.
Sound Devices 664 Six Channel Portable Production Mixer with Integrated Recorder
The 664 Field Production Mixer is the new flagship in Sound Devices' line of portable audio mixers. Building on the foundation of the popular 552 mixer, the intuitive 664 has six inputs channels and four output buses. All inputs and outputs are recordable to both CF and SD cards. This unprecedented amount of I/O connectivity and recording capability makes the 664 perfect for any production application
Write a review about this product
Please enter a short title to your review e.g Tapeless Camera Proves Invaluable in dusty Afganistan
Please enter your full review detailing its performance, features, how reliable and easy it was to use. (Max 300 Words)
Please give the product a star rating for the following:
Please select your rating for:-
The 664 has six ultra-low noise, high-dynamic-range analog inputs. These transformer-less preamps accept mic or line-level signals, and include analog peak limiters, high-pass filters, input trim controls, and direct outputs. Input connectors 1 and 6 can be selected to accept AES42 or AES3 digital signals
In complex, multi-camera productions, output flexibility is essential. The 664 can send its main left/right outputs to three cameras simultaneously. Two additional output buses, X1 and X2, appear on balanced TA3 connectors. AES3 digital outputs are individually selected to appear on the main XLR and multi-pin output connectors.
The 664 can record each of its inputs and its four output buses, for 10 record tracks. Recordings are saved to CompactFlash and SD cards. Recordings are either 16- or 24-bit Broadcast WAV files with extensive metadata. All popular production sampling rates are supported. When used with a CL-6 Input Expander, the 664 records 16 tracks, 12 inputs and four output buses.
Integrated Time Code
With the mixer's built-in, rock-steady Ambient time code generator, multiple devices can operate in synchronization. The 664 operates as either a time code master clock or its clock can be jammed from external time code. A helpful time code compare utility shows the difference between internal and external time code.
The 664 was designed with knowledge gained from the industry's top engineers and from Sound Devices' expertise in portable mixers. Because sound engineers operate in fast-paced environments, important controls are on dedicated knobs and switches, while additional features are quickly accessed through the intuitive LCD-based menu control.
|Frequency Response||20 Hz to 50 kHz, ± 0.5 dB|
|THD + Noise||0.09% max (1 kHz, 22 Hz–22 kHz BW, fader at 0, 0 dBu output)|
|Equivalent Input Noise||-126 dBu (-128 dBV) maximum. (22 Hz - 22 kHz bandwidth, flat filter, trim control fully up)|
|XLR Mic:||active-balanced for use with =600 ohm mics, 4k ohm actual; 12V or 48V phantom power, 10 mA max|
|XLR AES:||AES3 or AES42 (10 V power), SRC|
|XLR Line:||active-balanced for use with =2k ohm outputs, 10k ohm actual TA3 Line (with CL-6): active-balanced for use with =2k ohm outputs, 10k ohm actual RTN A,B,C (3.5 mm/10-pin): unbalanced stereo for use with =2k ohm outputs, 30k ohm actual|
|Maximum Input Level|
|XLR Mic:||0 dBu (0.78 Vrms)|
|XLR Line:||+40 dBu (80 Vrms)|
|RTN A,B,C (3.5 mm/Multi-pin):||+24 dBu (12.4 Vrms)|
|High-Pass Filters||Sweepable 80 Hz to 240 Hz, 12 dB/oct at 80 Hz, 6 dB/octave at 240 Hz|
|Input Limiters||Individual limiters on both trim and fader stages, +16 dBu threshold, 20:1 limiting ratio, 1 mS attack time, 500 mS release time|
|Link I/O||Unbalanced stereo for linking to MixPre, 302, 442, 552, and 664; 2k ohm impedance|
|Mic-In-to-Aux-Out, -10 Out:||79 dB|
|Line:||transformer-balanced for use with =600 ohm inputs, 100 ohms|
|-10:||transformer-balanced for use with =10k ohm inputs, 3.2k ohm|
|Mic:||transformer-balanced for use with =600 ohm inputs, 150 ohms|
|TA3 Mic/Line:||active-balanced, pin-2 and 3 driven, for use with =3k ohm inputs, 1k ohm TA3 Direct Outs Mic/Line: active-balanced, pin-2 and 3 driven, use with =3k ohm inputs, 1k ohm|
|Tape Outs (3.5 mm and TA3-type):||unbalanced, stereo, use with =6k ohm input, 1.8k ohm actual|
|Headphones (3.5 mm and 1/4"):||unbalanced, stereo, use with 8-2k ohm headphones, 50 ohms|
|Line Output Clipping Level||(1% THD) 20 dBu minimum with 10k load|
|Maximum Output Level|
|Line:||+20 dBu (7.8 Vrms)|
|-10:||+6 dBu (1.5 V rms)|
|Mic:||-20 dBu (0.078 Vrms)|
|Tape Outs:||+6 dBu (1.5 Vrms)|
|Output Limiters||Affects analog output. Threshold selectable from +4 dBu to +20 dBu, 1 dB steps, 20:1 limiting ratio, 1 mS|
|attack time, 500 mS release time.|
|Recording Tracks||10 tracks (6 inputs, 4 output buses);|
|16 tracks (12 inputs, 4 output buses) with CL-6|
|A/D||24-bit, 114 dB, A-weighted dynamic range typical; 44.1 kHz, 47.952 kHz, 48 kHz, 48.048 kHz SR|
|Digital Outputs||AES3 transformer-balanced, in pairs; 1-2 XLR-L, 3-4 XLR-R, 5-6, multi-pin 1, 7-8, multi-pin 2, 110 ohm, 2 V p-p, AES and S/PDIF compatible|
|Recording Storage Type||Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC), Secure Digital (SD), CompactFlash (CF), FAT32 formatted, will format memory cards on-board, WAV (Broadcast Wave File format) polyphonic|
|Sample/Timecode Accuracy||± 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames per 24 hours)|
|Timecode and Sync|
|Modes Supported:||off, Rec Run, Free Run, 24h Run, External|
|Frame Rates:||23.976, 24, 25, 29.97DF, 29.97ND, 30DF, 30ND|
|Accuracy:||Ambient generator, 0.5 frame in 24 hr|
|Time Code Input:||20k ohm impedance, 0.3 V - 3.0 V p-p (-17 dBu - +3 dBu)|
|Time Code Output:||1k ohm impedance, 3.0V p-p (+12 dBu)|
|Word In/Out:||square wave; 10k/75 ohm, 1-5V p-p input; 75 ohm, 3.3V p-p output, at SR|
|External:||isolated 10-18 V on locking 4-pin Hirose connector, pin-4 = (+), pin-1 = (-).|
|Internal:||accepts 5 AA-sized (LR6) batteries, 1.2-1.5 V nominal (NiMH rechargeable compatible).|
|Operating:||-20°C to 60°C, 0 to 90% relative humidity; (non-condensing) Storage: -40°C to 85°C|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions:||5.3 cm x 32 cm x 19.8 cm (H x W x D) 2.1" x 12.6" x 7.8"|
|Weight:||4 lbs. 12 oz. (unpackaged, without batteries)|
- Six high-bandwidth, low noise microphone preamplifiers with phantom, limiters, high-pass, pan, and direct outputs per channel
- Four output buses, Left, Right and Aux 1, Aux 2; transformer-balanced for freedom from ground loops; multiple output connectors, including dual multi-pin
- Built-in production recorder, records all inputs and output buses: 10 tracks total. With CL-6 attached: 16 tracks total.
- Broadcast WAV recording to dual memory card slots, CF and SD
- Record different track combinations and to each card typeHigh-precision, Ambient
- Recording-based time code generator/reader with auto-recharging of internal TC battery
- Time code compare tool to measure offset from internal and external time code
- Quick, intuitive interface via sunlight readable, transflective LCD menu control
- Main controls on dedicated knobs and switches
- Two AES42/AES3 digital inputs (input connectors 1 and 6)
- AES3 output selection, up to eight channels of AES out (XLR, multi-pin)
- Expanded return monitoring capabilities, with three camera returns
- Dedicated communication circuit (PL)
- Built-in slate microphone and external slate microphone input connector
- Powered by AA-battery x5 or isolated (floating) external DC, 10-18V
- Metalized, gasketed carbon-fiber chassis panels for light weight and durability
£3250.00 24 £ £ £50 £
Photolease is an independent finance company who have specialised in leasing equipment to the imaging industry for over twenty five years.
THE ADVANTAGES OF LEASING
- Banking facilities left available for special projects and unforeseen expenses.
- Small initial outlay usually amounting to just one months rental.
- Payment can be spread over a period of one to four years dependent upon value and type of equipment.
- A single payment at the end of the lease guarantees retention of the asset for the remainder of its working life.
- If you want to sell the equipment after the lease has ended you will receive the sale proceeds.
- Rentals are fully tax deductible.
- Cash flow is protected and the asset earns revenue in payment of the lease.
- No need to be VAT registered.
What happens at the end of the lease?
We will extend the agreement indefinitely on payment of a single further monthly rental. After that you can keep the equipment and will never have to pay any more.
Isn't leasing just for companies who can't afford the cash?
No. Companies who lease do so because they know that there are better uses for their spare funds.
Is leasing only relevant for large acquisitions?
No. Transactions of all sizes are completed using lease agreements. You can lease equipment worth as little as £1000.
Do I have to insure the equipment?
Yes. It is your responsibility to keep the equipment insured for all risks for the term of the agreement.
What happens if the equipment becomes faulty?
You have the protection of the manufacturers and/or suppliers warranty. Responsibility for repairs out of warranty are yours.
What about VAT?
Rentals attract VAT. This can be reclaimed if you are VAT registered. Please check your VAT status, or consult your accountant
What can be included in the agreement?
Leasing enables the whole solution to be financed. This can include hardware, software, installation, training and warranties
Can the equipment be upgraded?
Yes. The equipment can be upgraded during the course of the agreement. Speak to us for further details.
Is it possible to settle the agreement early?
Yes. However we always recommend you speak to your accountant to make sure it does not create an adverse tax position.
Is there a penalty for settling early?
No. If you clear the account before it has run it’s full term then there is a reduction in the full amount payable.
Can I pay a deposit to lower my monthly outlay?
Yes. However you would need to contact us to find the correct figures based on your deposit amount.
*includes setup/documentation fee
How does work the warranty for a SD664, i'm in France.
Ask us a Question
Please enter your question into the field