> Sony HXR-NX70E
Sony HXR-NX70E (HXRNX70E) compact rain and dust proof Full HD NXCAM camcorder with 1/2.88inch Exmor-R CMOS Sensor
Price Match Pledge
We pledge to match the price on most products offered by a UK based dealer that are selling officially imported or manufactured UK stock with full manufacturer warranty and is authorised to do so by the relevant manufacturer
Please fill out the form below with the details of where you have found the cheaper item.
CVP additional terms and conditions for price match.
Prior to the point of sale CVP will eneavour to match the price on most products subject (but not limited) to the following criteria:
- The competitor must be UK based and an officially appointed dealer for the manufacturer of the goods in question
- The competitor must have the goods in stock and available for purchase
- The competitor's price can be verified in writing
- The goods and level of after sales support on offer must be identical (model number must be identical with identical warranty)
- We do not price-match eBay or Amazon sellers.
For further details please call us on 01527 854222.
Full Terms and Conditons can be found in our Terms of Service.
- Reviews (0)
- See also
Sony HXR-NX70E (HXRNX70E) compact NXCAM dust and rain proof camcorder with 1/2.88-in Exmor R CMOS Sensor
The HXR-NX70E is dust and rain-proof making it a perfect compact camcorder for journalists, documentary makers and anyone else who needs to capture superb content whatever the conditions!
Whilst the rain and dust-proof capability of the NX70 is impressive and clearly its most obvious USP (unique selling point), if you think that’s the only reason to buy an NX70 then you must think again, because it’s actually one of the best HD ‘palm’ corders.
Its Exmor R™ CMOS sensor delivers roughly double the sensitivity of conventional CMOS sensors in low light conditions, while 26.3mm Sony ultra-wide angle G Lens™ allows you to capture more of the action in close shooting situations. With the built-in GPS you can also ‘geo-tag’ your precise location. The camera has onboard 96 GB of Flash Memory that lets you record up to 40 hours of footage.
Thanks to CinemaTone technology camera captures deeper, more film-like skin tones. For precise hands-on control, the switchable lens ring lets you change focus, iris and zoom.
Covered under full PrimeSupport package that includes fast, hassle-free repairs, a helpline offering expert technical advice, a free loan unit while yours is repaired. Plus the peace of mind that Sony is looking after your equipment – and your business.
Write a review about this product
Please enter a short title to your review e.g Tapeless Camera Proves Invaluable in dusty Afganistan
Please enter your full review detailing its performance, features, how reliable and easy it was to use. (Max 300 Words)
Please give the product a star rating for the following:
Please select your rating for:-
- Rain and Dust Proof Performance- You can be confident rainy or dusty shooting environments will not affect the reliable operation of the HXR-NX70E thanks to its IEC60529 IP54 rating. The camcorder’s sealed body design makes sure that harmful sand and large dust particles do not get inside. A waterproof performance rating of IPx4 means that the main camera body is protected against rain showers and water splashes. A waterproof performance rating of IPx4 means that the main camera body is protected against rain showers and water splashes. However, it should not be submerged underwater or sprayed with pressurised water from a tap or hose. When used with accessories such as an external microphone, a rain cover should be used to protect the accessory and connection. IP5x rating does not guarantee 100% protection against exposure to extremely fine particles.
- Ultra-wide Angle 26.3mm G lens- Engineered for superior optical performance, Sony G lenses deliver brilliant, accurate colour reproduction and sharp, amazingly detailed images. In addition, the 26.3mm focal length offers a broader perspective than previous lenses for enhanced wide angle shooting so you can capture more of the scene when close in.
- Assignable Lens Ring (Focus/Zoom/Iris)- Get the most out of your camcorder with enhanced manual controls. The assignable lens ring allows for manual adjustment of focus, iris, and zoom settings so you have complete creative control.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation with Active Mode- Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation with Active Mode provides superior compensation for camera shake to deliver stunningly smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting. In addition, the innovative 3-Way Shake-Cancelling feature adds electronic roll stability for even smoother video capture.
- Back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor for superb low-light video- Journalists rarely shoot under studio lighting conditions and Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS sensor delivers stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain. Designed for compact cameras and camcorders, the Exmor R™ sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, maximising the light gathering area per pixel so you can shoot with better results in low-light conditions. The sensitivity is roughly double that of conventional CMOS sensors of the same size and pixel size.
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD 50p Recording with 12.3 Mega pixels still image capture- The compact HXR-NX70E shoots in Full High Definition quality (1920 x 1080) with a choice of 50p, 50i and 25p frame rates. It can also simultaneously shoot 12.3 Mega Pixel (4672 x 2628) still images (Note: Dual Rec is not active when recording mode is set to FX or PS.) It also supports playback via HDMI and compatible HDTV, for complete flexibility in reviewing your footage.
- 96GB* embedded Flash Memory for up to 40 hours of HD recording- Built-in Flash memory provides extra capacity, ideal when working remotely, as well as providing additional workflow options for back-up and sharing content. 96GB embedded Flash memory can record and store up to 40 hours of high definition video footage in HD LP mode.
- * 96GB equals 96 billion bytes. A portion of the total storage is used for system management and/or application files.
- 3.5” touch-screen XtraFine™ LCD display (921K)- The large 3.5” (16:9) XtraFine LCD screen (921K) displays sharp, bright, vivid images, letting you compose a shot more easily and alter setting to best represent the scene, even when outdoors in bright lighting conditions.
- XLR adaptor with selectable phantom power and shotgun microphone- The detachable handle has a compact, ergonomic design. Two balanced XLR audio inputs are built in with phantom power and attenuation options that professional shooters require for clean sound quality. Default audio settings for XLR recording are highlighted in green for easy reference in the field in order to reduce operator error under difficult lighting conditions.
- The ECM-XM1 shotgun microphone mounted on top of the handle provides audio recording performance similar to larger shoulder-mounted ENG style cameras.
- Geotagging with built-in GPS receiver- A built-in GPS receiver makes the HXR-NX70 an ideal choice for professional videographers. The receiver gives you the ability to “geo-tag” shooting locations - making it easy if you need to return to the same location or to create a log when surveying remote locations. Your locations can be tracked on Google maps and all GPS data can be extracted with a PC. Additionally, the receiver automatically adjusts your camcorder’s clock to the proper time zone when international travel is part of your assignment.
- Direct Copy to external HDD without PC- Store content or backup important shots by copying footage directly from your camcorder to an external hard disk drive (sold separately) without using a computer. The HXR-NX70E can also access videos stored on an external hard drive for playback on HDTV, allowing you to utilise the camcorder’s handy playback features.
- Additional information: Direct Copy is compatible with USB media that meets the following requirements: USB 2.0 or higher and formatted in FAT32 file system. It is recommended that external HDD is AC powered. The HXR-NX70E must be connected to AC power when using Direct Copy. VMC-UAM1 cable is supplied to connect HXR-NX70 with USB media, however connection via USB hub is not supported. There may be cases when USB media is not compatible with the Direct Copy function.
|Mass (w/Hood, w/Eye Cup)||840 g (1 lb 13 oz)|
|(w/Hood, w/Eye Cup, w/Battery, w/Microphone, w/XLR unit)||1285 g (2 lb 13 oz)|
|Dimension (W x H x D)|
|(w/Hood, w/Eye Cup)||111.5 ? 119.5 ? 297.5 mm (4 1/2 ? 4 3/4 ? 11 3/4 inch)|
|(w/Hood, w/Eye Cup, w/Battery, w/Microphone, w/XLR unit)||135 ? 174 ? 384.5 mm (5 3/8 ? 6 7/8 ? 15 1/4 inch)|
|Power requirements||(AC adaptor/Battery) 8.4 V/6.8 V|
|Power consumption viewfinder - normal brightness (HD FX)||3.5 W|
|LCD - normal brightness (HD FX)||3.6 W|
|Operating temperature||0 to +40 deg C (+32 to +104 deg F)|
|Storage temperature||-20 to +60 deg C (-4 to +140 deg F)|
|Battery operating time|
|Continuous recording time||220 min (VF), 215 min (LCD)|
|Video Format HD||HD: MPEG4-AVC/H.264 AVCHD format compatible (1080/50p: original format)|
|STD MPEG-2 PS|
|Audio Format||HD Linear PCM/Dolby Digital 2ch, 16 bit, 48 kHz|
|STD Dolby Digital 2ch, 16 bit, 48 kHz|
|Recording frame rate*1||HD PS (28 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50p/16:9|
|HD FX (24 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50i/16:9|
|HD FH (17 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/50i/16:9|
|HD HQ (9 Mbps) 1440 x 1080/50i/16:9|
|HD LP (5 Mbps) 1440 x 1080/50i/16:9|
|HD FX (24 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/25p/16:9|
|HD FH (17 Mbps) 1920 x 1080/25p/16:9|
|SD/STD HQ (9 Mbps) 720 x 576/50i /16:9, 4:3|
|Recording/Playback time||170 min (MS 32 GB, HD FX, LPCM)|
|530 min (Int. memory 96 GB, HD FX, LPCM)|
|Zoom ratio||Sony G Lens, 10x (optical), 14x Extended Zoom, 120x Digital Zoom|
|Focal length||f = 3.8 mm - 38 mm (equivalent to 26.3 mm - 263 mm (16:9),|
|32.2 mm - 322 mm (4:3) on 35 mm lens)*2|
|Focus||Full range auto/Manual|
|Image||stabilizer Optical SteadyShot image stabilization w/ Active mode (Wide to Tele)|
|Imaging device||1/2.88 type ExmorR CMOS with ClearVid pixel array|
|Pixel Gross: Approx.6648 K|
|Video Actual: Approx.6140 K (16:9)|
|Minimum illumination||3 lx (Low LUX mode, 1/25 shutter)|
|Shutter speed||1/6 - 1/10000 (Manual Shutter Speed Control)|
|Iris||F1.8 - F3.4|
|Slow & Quick Motion function||200 fps (fixed) as Smooth Slow Rec|
|*The picture quality is degraded. (fps: Field per Sec.)|
|White balance||Auto, outdoor (5800K), indoor (3200K), One-push (Touch panel)|
|Mic input||Stereo mini jack (x 1) ?3.5 mm|
|Audio input||XLR 3-pin (female) (x 2), LINE/MIC/MIC +48 V selectable|
|A/V Output||A/V Remote connector|
|Component Video Output||A/V Remote connector|
|Remote Conector||Stereo mini-minijack (?2.5 mm)|
|USB||USB device, Mini-AB/Hi-Speed (x 1)|
|Headphone output||Stereo mini jack (x 1) ?3.5 mm|
|HDMI output||HDMI mini connector (x 1)|
|Viewfinder||1.1 cm (0.45 type, aspect ratio 16:9)|
|1 226 880 dots equivalent (852 x 3 [RGB] x 480)|
|Built-in LCD monitor||8.8 cm (3.5 type, aspect ratio 16:9)|
|921 600 dots (1920 x 480)|
|Microphone||2ch Stereo microphone|
|Internal Memory||96 GB|
|Type||Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark2), Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo,|
|Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX|
|SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card*3|
|Supplied Accessories||AC Adaptor [AC-L200C/D], Rechargeable Battery Pack [NP-FV70], Power cord, Microphone [ECM-XM1], Wind Screen, XLR Adaptor, Lens hood with lense cover, Large eyecup, Component A/V cable, A/V connecting cable, USB cable (mini-B),USB Adaptor cable (for external HDD) [VMC-UAM1], Wireless Remote Commander [RM-845], Application Software (CD-ROM) [Content Management Utility]|
|*1: Due to variable bitrate, 24Mbps is the maximum bitrate for AVCHD FX mode and the average bitrate is being stated for FH, HQ and LP modes.|
|*2: The focal length is when SteadyShot mode is in Active mode Off.|
|*3: Class 4 or faster|
£1581.26 24 £ £ £50 £
Photolease is an independent finance company who have specialised in leasing equipment to the imaging industry for over twenty five years.
THE ADVANTAGES OF LEASING
- Banking facilities left available for special projects and unforeseen expenses.
- Small initial outlay usually amounting to just one months rental.
- Payment can be spread over a period of one to four years dependent upon value and type of equipment.
- A single payment at the end of the lease guarantees retention of the asset for the remainder of its working life.
- If you want to sell the equipment after the lease has ended you will receive the sale proceeds.
- Rentals are fully tax deductible.
- Cash flow is protected and the asset earns revenue in payment of the lease.
- No need to be VAT registered.
What happens at the end of the lease?
We will extend the agreement indefinitely on payment of a single further monthly rental. After that you can keep the equipment and will never have to pay any more.
Isn't leasing just for companies who can't afford the cash?
No. Companies who lease do so because they know that there are better uses for their spare funds.
Is leasing only relevant for large acquisitions?
No. Transactions of all sizes are completed using lease agreements. You can lease equipment worth as little as £1000.
Do I have to insure the equipment?
Yes. It is your responsibility to keep the equipment insured for all risks for the term of the agreement.
What happens if the equipment becomes faulty?
You have the protection of the manufacturers and/or suppliers warranty. Responsibility for repairs out of warranty are yours.
What about VAT?
Rentals attract VAT. This can be reclaimed if you are VAT registered. Please check your VAT status, or consult your accountant
What can be included in the agreement?
Leasing enables the whole solution to be financed. This can include hardware, software, installation, training and warranties
Can the equipment be upgraded?
Yes. The equipment can be upgraded during the course of the agreement. Speak to us for further details.
Is it possible to settle the agreement early?
Yes. However we always recommend you speak to your accountant to make sure it does not create an adverse tax position.
Is there a penalty for settling early?
No. If you clear the account before it has run it’s full term then there is a reduction in the full amount payable.
Can I pay a deposit to lower my monthly outlay?
Yes. However you would need to contact us to find the correct figures based on your deposit amount.
*includes setup/documentation fee
I notice that the camera has flash storage and also takes SD cards. Are the SD cards just able to store the still photographs or does the camera have the ability to capture video footage to the SD cards too?
Would I have to download any new programs in order to edit the Sony files in Premiere Pro?
What mode that this camcorder use? HD420, HD422 or none of theese?
How would I download footage into a mac with final cut pro 6? When you plug in a usb fcp does not recognise any camera. So far the only way I can download non linear footage is to put a cf card into a card reader, then import it into fcp - if I record with the sony onto internal memory, how would I then import footage from the camera?
Can this camera be used with the latest version of Final Cut Pro X?
Is there a way to remotely control the camcorder? Especially record and zoom.
Is there a output for an external monitor to be used while recording?
I noticed in the video that the handle and microphone were removed when you did the shower test. Does the camera have a built in microphone if you are not able to have the handle and microphone fitted?
Regarding the quality of the water/dustproofing, what is the IP No. for this camera?
Ask us a Question
Please enter your question into the field