Please Note: SFP is not included - sold separately.
Blazing-Fast 10GbE Connectivity Over Thunderbolt 3 for Mac and Windows:
Are you looking for a straightforward and economical approach to connecting your computer to a high-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) network using the Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer? You’ll need an adapter. Delivering up to ten times Gigabit Ethernet’s performance and supporting uses such as HD video editing on high-performance shared storage systems, it’s no wonder that 10GbE use has soared. Sonnet’s Twin 10G™ SFP+ 10GbE Thunderbolt 3 adapter is the powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac® or Windows® computer(1) with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.
Flexibility of SFP+ Transceiver Choices:
Sonnet offers three SFP+ transceiver options (sold separately)—a short-range multi-mode fiber module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR; a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR; and a 10GBASE-T copper module, part number G10E-SFP-T (Cat 6A cable up to 100 meters). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long (sold separately).
Easy to Set Up:
Simply connect the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter to your computer via the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, download and install a driver, install SFP+ module(s) (sold separately), connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage, and configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS™ Network control panel or Windows Device Manager.
Connect your computer to the switch or device’s 10GbE ports via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A copper cabling
The Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter’s high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization are attained through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These operations enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter’s dual 10GbE connections support transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and also support link aggregation(3) for increased throughput!
Compact and Nearly Noiseless:
Small enough to easily fit in most workspaces, the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter is still large enough to support proper airflow inside the case—its design enables the adapter’s temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminum, the adapter’s outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
Thunderbolt 3 — The USB-C That Does It All:
The Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports; the first connects the adapter to your computer, while the second supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices(4) to a single port on your computer. The Sonnet adapter includes 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device(5) to the second port using the proper cable or adapter. The Twin 10G also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz(6). For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices(7).
Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) Cable and ThunderLok™ 3 Included:
Sonnet includes a 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 cable to connect the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition to your computer, and a Sonnet ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip(8) to secure the cable to the adapter. Accidental cable disconnects can lead to data loss, but Sonnet’s ThunderLok 3 helps prevent them, securing the Thunderbolt cable to the adapter. ThunderLok 3 is easy to install and use—just slide it over one of the cable’s connectors, plug in the connector, and then secure it to the adapter by turning a thumbscrew. Because ThunderLok doesn’t attach to the connector, it remains on the cable and won’t get lost when not in use.
Connect computer to one port on the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition and daisy chain up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices (plus two 4K monitors, one 5K display, or one USB 3.0 device)
1. Windows computers require the latest firmware (BIOS) and other drivers to support this product.
2. Full performance requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
3. Switch/router must support link aggregation (teaming), and ports must be configured for link aggregation. Windows 7 teaming support requires an Intel driver download. Link aggregation not supported by Windows 8 or 10.
4. Second Thunderbolt 3 port also supports Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 devices on Macs used with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter, sold separately.
5. Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB 3 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).
6. One 4K monitor directly supported. Two 4K monitors requires either a 4K monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out), or a Thunderbolt 3-to-Dual DisplayPort adapter. 5K monitor requires a Thunderbolt 3-to-Dual DisplayPort adapter.
7. The Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition is designed to provide only 15 watts of upstream power. During operation, this will extend the battery life; during sleep this will charge the battery to 100%.
8. ThunderLok 3 compatible with all 0.5m Thunderbolt 3 cables, but with only 20Gbps 1-2 meter Thunderbolt 3 cables.