CVP Job Listings
Customer Facing Sales Support Administrator
Start date: 3/1/2017
Closing Date: 26/12/2016
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Location: Fitzrovia, Central London
Salary: 20,000 - 25,000
Key Skills Needed: Sales Support, Sales Administration, Sales Order processing, MS Office skills, Front of House management
Position:Customer Facing Sales Support Administrator
An opportunity has arisen for a Customer Facing Sales Support Administrator to join us in our thriving office hub in Soho. Located just a stones’ throw from Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road, our Central London office hosts a number of our Sales/Account Managers, our Marketing/Social Media team and is a busy venue for customer demonstrations, networking events, business meetings and a range of workshops/technical shows.
You’ll be an important part of our team, working closely with the sales and marketing teams, suppliers, manufacturers’ and of course customers. It’s a fast paced, energetic and driven environment most suited to self-motivated, outgoing and organised candidates.
You will be intimately involved in making sure that the experience of visiting and buying from CVP is a great one!
You’ll get involved in (this list isn’t inclusive)
- Working closely with the Sales Account Managers to provide Admin support
- Processing customer orders, including; dealing with payments, checking stock and ordering material from suppliers, providing regular customer updates
- Dealing day to day with customer enquiries by email, phone and in person
- Liaising with customers, warehouse, and suppliers regarding deliveries
- Working with manufacturers and exhibitors to arrange demonstration days and events etc
- Managing our ‘Front of House’ activities at Soho/Fitzrovia
- Maintaining regular contact with customers, & suppliers to ensure all orders are fulfilled on time
- Post sales customer support, including helping with trouble-shooting,tracking deliveries and dealing with couriers
Your mission will be to deliver a first class service to our customers.
What we’d expect from you
You must be computer literate and have an exceptional telephone manner
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Previous administration support experience, ideally within sales support, is preferential
Sociable with a good sense of humour and who will always go the extra mile
Good team player
Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Well-organised, able to multitask
Enthusiasm and Self-Motivation
Hard worker with a good focus and a positive attitude
Working hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (depending upon experience relevance etc)
We’re the UK's No. 1 reseller of professional video, broadcast and photography equipment and understandably we're passionate about all things Cine, Video and Photo! CVP has a fast moving & dynamic sales focused environment servicing some big names in the broadcast industry including the BBC, ITV, the digital film industry and many of the UK's independent film and TV producers. We’ve been in the business a long time and work hard to really understand our customers’ needs, so we can deliver first class service – and the right solution, whether that’s a compact camera or a complete studio system. Or even just some good advice. From our engineers who keep stuff working to our sales support team whose job is to look after our customers, to our highly skilled systems guru’s, to our online team - we’re here for them.
We have been growing since 1986 with offices in Studley, Brentford, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff and our ambition to continue to grow and develop the business is as strong as everApply Online for Customer Facing Sales Support Administrator
Management Accounts Executive
Start date: 3/1/2017
Closing Date: 26/12/2016
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Location: Brentford, Middlesex
Salary: 25,000 - 32,000
Key Skills Needed: Management Accounts, Bank recs, reconciliations, month end accounting
Purpose of the Role
As Management Accounts Executive at CVP you’ll have responsibility to assist the finance manager in overseeing the AP and AR functions, perform bank reconciliations, reconcile month end P&L and balance sheet accounts and assist with month end reporting. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to support the Finance Manager on relevant project work.
You’ll be working in a dynamic and motivated finance team of 12 (of which four are in Accounts Payable and five in Accounts Receivable) from our busy Brentford offices.
This role requires someone with strong analytical and technical competencies and an enthusiastic, confident approach to working with Senior Managers and Directors.
- Run the TB regularly through the month to ensure all accounts are in order
- Reconcile P&L accounts before close and investigating queries in a timely manner.
- Reconcile all balance sheet codes with any anomalies are being investigated thoroughly.
- Ensure any reconciling items or corrections are cleared through in a timely manner.
- Assist senior managers with month end close
- Download accurate month end reports for the Finance Manager and Finance Director to populate the management accounts.
- Prepare month end bank recs (primarily GBP, EUR and USD)
- Prepare PayPal reconciliations (GBP and EUR)
- Assist with reconciliation of WorldPay (GBP and EUR) payments and Amazon payments
- Maintain the accruals and prepayments reconciling on a monthly basis
- Post month end journals
- Populate the month end files and ensure completeness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence others, endeavouring to operate/interface with all levels of staff and managers
- Relationship building skills
- Good understanding of AP and AR processes
- Investigation and problem solving skills
- Planning and organisation skills, effectively managing a heavy workload and balancing the need to be both responsive to external demands and proactive in identifying what they are likely to be in advance.
- Great attention to detail
- Personal self-awareness and confidence
- Appetite and aptitude to learn and develop
- High levels of motivation and determination
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing and high-pressure environment
Good and in-depth understanding of management accounting, ideally a finalist CIMA or ACCA, however open to candidates qualified by experience and keen to learn.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become an integral member of CVP’s finance function that is becoming increasingly busy due to the number of positive changes to the business. Consequently, there is opportunity for further development and internal progression. You will also be involved in a number of ongoing projects and improvements.
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and CRM systems, accounting systems familiarity is essential.
Preferably a graduate from an Accountancy or Finance discipline. Ideally, someone who is studying towards completing the final stage of a formal professional Accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
Staff: Develop strong internal relationships with Accounts Payable, Credit Control, Sales, Sales Support and Logistics departments.
Key external relationships: Build strong professional relationships with customers and suppliers where required.
12 months + Management accounts experience
CVP are the UK's No. 1 reseller of professional video, broadcast and photography equipment and understandably we're passionate about all things Cine, Video and Photo! CVP has a fast moving & dynamic sales focussed environment servicing some big names in the broadcast industry including the BBC, ITV, the digital film industry and many of the UK's independent film and TV producers. We’ve been in the business a long time and work hard to really understand our customers’ needs, so we can deliver first class service – and the right solution, whether that’s a compact camera or a complete studio system. Or even just some good advice. From our engineers who keep stuff working to our sales support team whose job is to look after our customers, to our highly skilled systems guru’s, to our online team - we’re here for them.
We have been growing since 1986 with offices in Studley, Brentford, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff and our ambition to continue to grow and develop the business is as strong as ever...Apply Online for Management Accounts Executive
Mobile iOS App Developer
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Location: Studley
Salary: 20,000 to 25,000 depending on experience
Key Skills Needed: Objective C, Swift, API
Mobile App Developer
We are looking for a mobile app developer to work on the design, development and maintenance of iOS apps at CVP. You will be extensively involved in the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. Apps will be both content and e-commerce based and integrated closely with CVPs web sites. In addition to delivering the product the successful candidate will be heavily involved in influencing the mobile strategy within the entire group.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Acting as lead iOS developer.
- Working closely with other members of the development team
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Working along with the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Working with the web developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimising performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Any other tasks as reasonably required by the business
- Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments and colleagues
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C
- Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc) Familiar with xcode
- Exposure to Swift
- Debugging code and fixing issues
- Understanding of other compiled languages
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience of development using web technologies
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience using social media APIs
- Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART)
- Using version control (e.g. SVN)
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Desirable skills:
- LAMP development experience
- PHP frameworks (e.g. Zend)
- PHP template engines (e.g. Smarty)
- Creative design skills
- Working with a content management system
- Working in a media environment
Competencies for success:
- Good communication and team working skills
- Self motivation and dynamism
- Action Orientated
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Presentation Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Time Management
- Written Communications
- Problem Solving
We have been growing since 1986 with offices in Studley, Brentford, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff.
We are passionate about all things Cine, Video and Photo. We’ve been in the business a long time and work hard to really understand our customers’ needs, so we can deliver first class service – and the right solution, whether that’s a compact camera or a complete studio system. Or even just some good advice. From our engineers who keep stuff working to our sales support team whose job is to look after our customers, to our highly skilled systems guru’s, to our online team - we’re here for them.
We’ve created a great working environment and have a really strong team culture, we’d love you to join.Apply Online for Mobile iOS App Developer