CVP Job Listings
Internet Order Processing Clerk
Start date: 6/3/2017
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Location: Studley, Warwickshire
Salary: 15,000 - 16,000
Key Skills Needed: Customer service, order processing, computing skills, good telephone manner, orgainsed, methodical, calm under pressure
An opportunity has arisen for a E-commerce Specialist/Web Order Processor to join us at our Head Office in Studley, Warwickshire.
You’ll be an important part of our team, processing orders generated from our website (cvp.com), contacting and dealing with suppliers and customers by telephone and e-mail and making sure that their experience of buying from CVP is a great one.
You'll help CVP to hit its customer charter by same day dispatching 'in stock' orders (and updating our systems to reflect all aspects of this) and by liaising with our suppliers to ascertain an accurate delivery schedule and advise the customer accordingly when items aren't in stock. You may be responsible for procuring stock and raising purchase orders as required to fulfil orders for out of stock items and for liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders so that we can keep our customers fully informed.
You’ll get involved in (this list isn’t exhaustive)
- Responsibility for inputting orders/data into our systems
- Dealing with incoming enquiries received by phone, email and website.
- Keeping in contact with customers to inform them of the progress of their orders
- Issuing credits
- Liaising with the warehouse team to check stock availability and order progress
- Liaising with suppliers to check item availability and lead times
- Working closely with the sales team, suppliers, manufacturers’ and of course customers. It’s a fast paced, energetic and driven environment most suited to self-motivated, outgoing and organised candidates.
Your mission will be to deliver a first class service to our customers and to help us to improve our Trustpilot rating!
What we’d expect from you
Personable and friendly
Good team player
Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
Well-organised, able to multitask
Good interpersonal skills
Efficient and friendly telephone manner
Confident approach-able to adapt to a wide range of people and situations
Enthusiasm and Self-Motivation
Computer literate with Microsoft Office Skills and able to learn new technologies
Working hours are a work-life balance friendly 08:00 - 16:30 or 09:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday.
Salary will be £15,000 - £16,000 per year (plus work place pension etc)
We’re the UK's No. 1 reseller of professional video, broadcast and photography equipment and understandably we're passionate about all things Cine, Video and Photo! CVP has a fast moving & dynamic sales focussed environment servicing some big names in the broadcast industry including the BBC, ITV, the digital film industry and many of the UK's independent film and TV producers. We’ve been in the business a long time and work hard to really understand our customers’ needs, so we can deliver first class service – and the right solution, whether that’s a compact camera or a complete studio system. Or even just some good advice. From our engineers who keep stuff working to our sales support team whose job is to look after our customers, to our highly skilled systems guru’s, to our online team - we’re here for them.
We have been growing since 1986 with offices in Studley, Brentford, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff and our ambition to continue to grow and develop the business is as strong as ever.
Apply Online for Internet Order Processing Clerk
Mobile iOS App Developer
Start date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Job Location: Studley
Salary: 20,000 to 25,000 depending on experience
Key Skills Needed: Objective C, Swift, API
Mobile App Developer
We are looking for a mobile app developer to work on the design, development and maintenance of iOS apps at CVP. You will be extensively involved in the entire app lifecycle right from concept stage until delivery and post launch support. Apps will be both content and e-commerce based and integrated closely with CVPs web sites. In addition to delivering the product the successful candidate will be heavily involved in influencing the mobile strategy within the entire group.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Acting as lead iOS developer.
- Working closely with other members of the development team
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Working directly with developers and managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Working along with the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps
- Working with the web developers to build the interface with focus on usability features
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimising performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Any other tasks as reasonably required by the business
- Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile
- Published examples of mobile applications on the App store
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles
- A track record of delivering successful consumer and or business products
- Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision
- A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape
- Ability to multi task and good time management skills
- Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team
- Excellent scoping and estimation skills
- Excellent testing/ QA skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments and colleagues
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C
- Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc) Familiar with xcode
- Exposure to Swift
- Debugging code and fixing issues
- Understanding of other compiled languages
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience of development using web technologies
- Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience building web and native apps
- Experience using social media APIs
- Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART)
- Using version control (e.g. SVN)
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Desirable skills:
- LAMP development experience
- PHP frameworks (e.g. Zend)
- PHP template engines (e.g. Smarty)
- Creative design skills
- Working with a content management system
- Working in a media environment
Competencies for success:
- Good communication and team working skills
- Self motivation and dynamism
- Action Orientated
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Presentation Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Time Management
- Written Communications
- Problem Solving
We have been growing since 1986 with offices in Studley, Brentford, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff.
We are passionate about all things Cine, Video and Photo. We’ve been in the business a long time and work hard to really understand our customers’ needs, so we can deliver first class service – and the right solution, whether that’s a compact camera or a complete studio system. Or even just some good advice. From our engineers who keep stuff working to our sales support team whose job is to look after our customers, to our highly skilled systems guru’s, to our online team - we’re here for them.
We’ve created a great working environment and have a really strong team culture, we’d love you to join.Apply Online for Mobile iOS App Developer